Friday, March 29, 2013

Good, Good Friday

Technically I don't have today off, but I am working from home, so it's basically just as good.

This has been a good week. I feel incredible. All the bloat and yuck that I'd had from before the 7 day diet has stayed gone and probably decreased even more. Some work pants that were getting a little tight are now fitting beautifully again.

I really thought I'd see a big loss, and even though I didn't, I'm not discouraged. I'm betting next week will be 3 or 4 lbs since this was a small week. I'm also hoping after getting lots of rest this weekend that I can coax myself back into a regular work out routine. It won't hurt that Sakief is starting a job next week so there will be several evenings that I'm not worried about having dinner made, etc. it definitely helps my motivation to work out, which seems silly, I know.

I think I briefly mentioned in a previous post that I signed up for a weight loss coach through work. I only talk to him once every few weeks, however, it's just one more person that I'm accountable to. I'm amazed at how much I don't want to let him (or myself) down.

We tried another Pinterest win! recipe this week, avocado chicken Parmesan. I recently bought a stoneware pan from pampered chef, and was pretty excited to try it, so this was a perfect recipe.

4 chicken breasts (pounded flat)
Two eggs (whisked)
Flour
Bread crumbs (I used matzah meal, go Jew!)
Tomato sauce
Avocado
Parmesan (I cheated and used provolone, no parm in the house)
Spices of choice

Coat chicken in flour, dip in egg, then coat in bread crumbs. Sprinkle with spices. Bake at 350 approximately 20-30 mins. Remove from oven. Spread tomato sauce over chicken. Place several slices of avocado on each breast, then place cheese on top. Put back into oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is fully melted.

Stats for the week:
Lost this week: .5 lbs
Current weight: 221 lbs
To go: 36.5 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment