Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 4: Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

I realize that I should have posted last night, but I have a good excuse, promise.

Day 4 threatened to be difficult as the only food allowed was milk and bananas (and plain low fat yogurt). Up to 8 bananas to be exact. I prepared myself with bananas three ways... Bananas, yogurt and cinnamon for breakfast, banana smoothie and well, bananas.

Breakfast with the yogurt was delish, and I was really looking forward to my smoothie as an afternoon snack. I ate just bananas and drank a ton of milk for lunch, and it filled me up just fine.

What was most annoying about yesterday is that despite the fact that my bananas looked perfect, most were very mushy on the inside and had to be discarded, so I bought new ones on my lunch break.

That turned out to be a good thing, because just as I finished my lunch I received a phone call that Adam had been in a car accident outside of Abilene. He's fine other than a broken wrist and overall soreness, however, I immediately hopped in the car to go get him. I also left my smoothie at work, so I didn't get to enjoy it... Oh well. But the reason that buying the bananas at lunch was a good thing is that I had my two dinner bananas in the car, so I was able to stick to the day despite the adventure of traveling to west Texas.

I am so incredibly thankful that Adam is ok. Count your blessings friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment