Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chicken Tomato Melt

I had originally planned to try this recipe last night, but it definitely worked out better for today's lunch. Especially because we had delicious kabobs with Adam and Erin last night.

I adapted this recipe from one I found on Pinterest, shocker. It originally called for tuna, but since I'm not a fan of tuna, I used canned chicken. Honestly this is one of the best things I've tried/made recently. I really loved it. Super simple with tons of flavor, and of course, low carb.

13 oz canned chicken
4 Tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
Diced onion
Fresh basil (chopped)
Cheese of choice
Two large tomatoes

Hollow out the tomatoes so that there is a large pocket for stuffing. Drain tomatoes on a paper towel for 10-15 minutes. Combine chicken, yogurt, onion and basil. Press stuffing firmly into tomatoes, it will be over flowing. Top with cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes.

One stuffed tomato is plenty for a meal, very filing. Only about 250 calories depending on the type of cheese you pick.

Insanely good.


No comments:

Post a Comment