Friday, June 15, 2012

Minor Setback

Let's get right to the point.  According to my lovely scale I have gained weight this week.  Do I want to believe it?  Of course not.  Do I believe it?  Not really.  Am I really good at making excuses?  Absolutely.

As of yesterday (because for some reason I've been cheat weighing in all week, I really need to stop) I was down 1.5 lbs for the week.  As of this morning I was 2 lbs heavier than yesterday (otherwise known as a net gain of .5 lbs).  Did I really gain 2 lbs in one day?  Obviously not.

I really hate people who make excuses, even though I'm totally doing that right now.  The following may be the explanation, it may not, but no matter what, I won't be discouraged.  I broke two of my cardinal rules yesteday 1) I didn't drink as much water as I usually do (and therefore I'm retaining water, duh) and 2) I ate dinner after 7pm (stupid, AMAZING, haircut).

As much as I can convince myself that the scale is lying to me this morning, it makes no sense to keep a blog documenting everything and then lie.  Plus, I just made a huge stink about NOT struggling.  Karma.

Next week my weigh in day will come a day early as I'm heading out to Salt Lick on Thursday night and have zero desire to see what kind of damage I did, by getting on the scale Friday morning.  I have a feeling that the week after I may also see some setbacks since it includes several days of wedding festivities for Beth and Kelly.  I'll have to hit the gym hard the next few weeks :)

Speaking of the gym I'm going to my first personal training session today.  I still don't know how I feel about it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it goes well.  You can be sure that I'll be writing about it.

Also, I don't think I ever shared that I tried the Melt In Your Mouth Chicken with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and yum!  Cuts about 100 calories per serving and still tastes delicious!

Weekly summary:
Weight lost: 52lbs
To go: 48lbs
Work outs: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment