Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Melt In Your Mouth Chicken

I have definitely been on a "try new recipes from Pinterest" kick.  Unfortunately more are flops, but I see ways that I may be able to improve on them in the future, so I won't nix them all together yet.  One that I do want to share is what I made for dinner last night.  It's called "Melt in Your Mouth Chicken", hence the title of my post.

I have seen this recipe two ways on Pinterest, made with mayo or with greek yogurt.  I chose mayo (I used the lower fat made with olive oil), but I'm looking forward to trying it with greek yogurt to lower the fat content even more.

Perhaps it was the fat from the mayo that made it taste so good, but I think it's mostly the parmesan cheese, but I will report on the greek yogurt version as soon as I try it.  I liked it so much, that not only did I eat it for dinner last night, but took it for lunch today, and just for good measure, had some more for dinner tonight.  And I still have one more breast!

Anyway, all in all it's not that bad for you, and the fact is that this is a low carb diet, not a low fat (but let's get real, I'm a fat free food junkie... and they basically all suck, I'm just not willing to admit it until I eat the real deal again).

Melt in Your Mouth Chicken:
4 chicken breasts
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup grated parmesan
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste





Stats per serving:
Cal: 347
Fat: 23g
Carb: 8.4g
Protein: 25g
Sodium: 720mg





Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine mayo, parmesan and spices.  Spread over chicken breasts in oven safe dish.  Bake approximately 45 mins.  Chicken should be browned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment