Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Compliments

Normally I wouldn't bore everyone with two posts in one day, but I received a very nice compliment today, and I wanted to share.

I was wandering in the grocery store today on an epic shopping trip to stock up on healthy food, when an elderly gentleman tapped me on the shoulder, and this is what he said:

"I'm not making a pass at you, well I am, but I'm not going to act on it because I'm too old and my wife would kill me.  But, I wanted to tell you that in a world where everyone is obsessed with the sickly skinny models, it's nice to see a young person who is full figured and healthy.  You're beautiful."

Of course losing weight is my ultimate goal, but I also know I won't ever be model skinny, nor do I want to be (I agree with that lovely man, model skinny is blech).  Before I lost the weight that I have, I know that I didn't look healthy, I just looked fat, so it was nice to be referred to as "healthy".  I'm just excited to be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment