Saturday, May 12, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I have a feeling that I'll be posting a lot of new recipes in the coming days and weeks.  I have big cooking plans, yum!  Here is my first experiment post move.

A few weeks before I left Sacred we through a bridal shower for Kerry.  Bridal and baby showers usually mean pot luck at the RPC, and one of the nurses brought buffalo chicken dip.  It was incredible, and thankfully she gave me the recipe.  I have of course adapted it to be healthier. 

Disclaimer: while low in calories, fat and carbs, this is ridiculously high in sodium.

Buffalo Chicken Dip (yields 4 servings):

10 oz canned chicken
8 oz fat free cream cheese (softened)
3/8 cup Frank's buffalo sauce
1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
1 packet ranch dip mix

Mix ingredients together and pour into baking dish.  Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 mins.  Serve with celery.

Calories: 162
Fat: 1.6g
Carb: 9.8g
Protein: 26.4g
Sodium: 2,668mg (which is essentially an entire day's worth, eek)

No comments:

Post a Comment