Friday, May 18, 2012

New Mini Goals!

I realize that today is Friday, and therefore I should be weighing in, but, I'm not.  I am still riding high from making my birthday goal, and didn't want to ruin it so quickly.  Adam took me out to a wonderful dinner at Pappadeaux where both of us overate and over drank, and then I polished off the leftovers yesterday.

I know that one meal (well, maybe two... and maybe it should have been three) won't ruin my diet, and I likely haven't actually gained any weight; but in my weight loss battle, when feeling good about myself is just as important as eating well and exercising, I don't want to burst my own bubble.

I forgot to update my stats on Wednesday, so for those who haven't done the math:

Total pounds lost: 45.5
Pounds to go: 54.5

I also need to set a few new mini goals for myself, so here goes!

1) Surpass 50 lbs lost by June 1 (at least 5 pounds in the next two weeks)
2) Hit a new decade before Beth's wedding on June 23
3) Work out at least twice a week until the end of June

I also want to use this post to share one of my new favorite recipes.  I have made this several times using several different methods for the chicken, but I have found my favorite (and it's the easiest).

Avocado Chicken Salad (yield 4 servings):

2 10oz cans white meat chicken
1 avocado
2 Tbsp low fat mayo
Scallions

Drain chicken and chop scallions.  Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!

Avocado chicken salad on an
Everything Bagel Thin with light Swiss cheese.


Nutrition:
184 cals
9g fat
5.7g carb
23.2g protein
490mg sodium










For a little extra kick I added diced, fresh jalapeno to this batch.  I have tried making it by cooking the chicken myself (which will definitely reduce the sodium) both in the oven, and in the crock pot and hand shredding it.  Baking the chicken in the oven made for a tasty treat, however, neither Sakief nor I liked the chicken salad when I cooked the chicken in the crock pot.  The flavor was just not right.  I have also heard of people using a cooked rotisserie chicken for this recipe.  Obviously you have options.

No comments:

Post a Comment