Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Strep Life

This past weekend was, in a word, incredible.  Sakief and I had a fantastic time together, doing mostly nothing but just enjoying each others' company.  I'm not sure it's possible to put into words how much I missed him. 

I don't believe in any of that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" BS.  The fact is, I couldn't possibly love Sakief any more than I already do.  What I do believe in is that when a relationship is right, absence makes the heart appreciate. 

Unfortunately we didn't make it out to the beach like I had planned.  Why?  Because I have strep (not really, I have an upper respiratory infection, but whatever makes people happy).  It's not that the strep itself prevented me from beaching it, but my wonderful caregiver boyfriend wanted to make sure that I didn't catch any additional bugs while my immune system is suppressed.  Good man.

Sickness also meant that I didn't get a chance to work out.  And likely won't for a few more days.  I'm having some serious difficulty breathing, ugh.  I also didn't eat so healthy this weekend.  But Sakief did make me korma and biryani, yum!  I miss his cooking...

I head back to Pensacola a month from today... yay!  And this next trip I fully intend to not only be well, but to keep up my healthy habits as well (I'm looking at you Sakief).

Not sure how it is already 8pm, but I am exhausted and should head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment