Thursday, June 28, 2012

Salsa Chicken

I was going to wait to blog again until tomorrow, but I'm bored, relaxed, and not ready to fall asleep yet.

First of all, let me share my newest Pinterest recipe (that I'm absolutely IN LOVE with and so excited that I tried!).  It's a crock pot recipe which automatically makes it AWESOME, and super duper easy.  May I introduce, Salsa Chicken! 

4 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
1 cup salsa
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (light and low sodium if you can)
1 packet taco seasoning (or Goya like I used, yum)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt

Put chicken breasts in crock pot.  Mix salsa and soup together and pour over chicken.  Add spices.  Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours (I did low for 8, the whole work day thing).  Shred chicken with a fork, add Greek yogurt and stir together.

I served mine over broccoli since I needed/wanted more green veggies with my meals, but I think I could come up with something better.  The broccoli didn't match the flavor of the chicken well, but the chicken was incredible anyway.  Creamy and low fat, yum!














I managed to still not have my first personal training session yesterday, this time it was my fault.  I talked myself into going to Blues of the Green with Adam, Erin, Maiya, Jamie, Tommy, etc last night.  I PROMISE that tomorrow I am going, and I will like it!

It's going to be a long day for working out tomorrow too.  Before personal training begins I'm scheduled to get my heart rate monitor all set up, which means running on a treadmill with a crazy mask on to measure my respiratory rate, etc.  The idea is that I will learn what my target heart rates will be to get the most effective work out.  I'm excited.  Sort of.

Despite my failure to make it to personal training yesterday, today was all about pampering.  As part of my new member perks at the gym I got major discounts on a facial and massage.  I had both today, and it was heaven.  I honestly don't think I've been more relaxed, ever.  Here's to hoping that I sleep well tonight, I've been having some serious insomnia issues for the past few weeks and would love to sleep through the night for once. 

Stay tuned for my weigh in tomorrow.  I'm feeling skinny, so I'm hoping for a good number :)

No comments:

Post a Comment