Sunday, June 10, 2012

Party Chicken!

I haven't had much luck with the recipes that I've been experimenting with recently.  Either they aren't even worth blogging about, or even if they are, they're still... weird, and not worth sharing the recipe.  Finally yesterday I made something that I am proud to share, because it was delicious!

Party Chicken... why is it called party chicken?  Probably because it's a party in your mouth (cue cliche music).  I made some lower fat adjustments, and think they really worked (especially considering that I've never tried the original).  I also made some adjustments from the original cooking time, but it clearly worked.

Party Chicken (yield three servings)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 9 chicken tenderloins
9 pieces turkey bacon (called for regular bacon in the original recipe)
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (called for sour cream in the original recipe)
Whatever spices you'd like :)

If using chicken breasts (like I did), cut each breast into 3 strips.  Wrap strips/tenderloins in a piece of turkey bacon and place side by side in glass pan.  Mix soup and yogurt together and season as you see fit (I used garlic, thyme, and black pepper, yum!).  Pour the soup mixture over the bacon wrapped chicken.  Cover with foil.  Back at 250 degrees for about 3 hours (the original recipe said 4 hours, but mine was definitely done, so just be aware of your oven!).  Uncover, adjust heat to 400 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.

No knives needed here, the chicken and bacon were easily cut with a fork.  This is the kind of recipe that I'm always looking for, it's creamy and appears to be fatty, but it really low fat and healthy.  Fools the brain and kills cravings.  Amazing.

Nutrition Info:
Calories: 314
Fat: 15g
Carbs: 10g
Protein: 36g
Sodium: 1190mg





No comments:

Post a Comment