Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tortilla Tuesday

This is probably not going to become a long term thing, but welcome to the inaugural addition of Tortilla Tuesday.  There are a few things I've found (this these chicken nuggets), that are easy, healthy things to eat.  One of those things, are high fiber, low carb tortillas by Ole.  Each one has 73 calories and 12g of fiber, enough said (Erin lovingly refers to them as my poop tortillas, but trust me, they taste great). 

I use them for lots of things, most often for chicken enchiladas, yum!  It's an easy way for me to curb carb cravings without feeling guilty since most of the carbs are fiber.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find them outside of Pensacola, so I have to import them when I visit.  It also means that I have only myself to eat them, and once a package is opened, they need to be eaten.  Hence, Tortilla Tuesday, a forum I will use to post different ways to use the tortillas (because they shouldn't get boring).

Tonight's edition: Pizza Quesadillas, an idea that I got from Pinterest, of course.

I often have used the tortillas as a base for pizza, but never thought of folding it to make it easier to eat (duh).  It made it so much easier!

My pizza quesadillas (2 of them, yum, it was like eating 2 big pieces of pizza), were a total of about 330 calories (the calorie equivalent of 1 typical piece of pizza). 

I used a little bit of canned pasta sauce (like Ragu) as the base.  The toppings were mushrooms, onions, and turkey pepperoni.  Sprinkle on a bit of fat free mozzarella (1/2 cup total) and some oregano, fold in half, and pop in the oven (350 degrees) for about 10 mins.

 It was delish, and super satisfying!  Not only knocked out a carb craving, but a pizza craving as well!


I had my second personal training session today, and I loved it!  My last one is Friday, and despite all of my complaining over the weekend because I was sore, I do think I'll miss it.  Sad. 

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment