Friday, July 27, 2012

On my way!

I told Sakief last night that I was nervous for my weigh in today.  Last week I didn't lose any weight, and then I ate poorly over the weekend while he was in town.  BUT throughout the rest of this week I've been really watching what I eat, working out even when I've been too exhausted to, and generally feeling skinny.  So what would the scale tell me this morning?  Had I done too much damage last weekend to make up for it during the week?  Or was the week enough?

The week was enough!  I lost 2 lbs this week!  Hopefully in future weeks when I'm not indulging on the weekends I can make up for the fact that I didn't lose any last week, and catch up to where I should be to reach my 90 day goal (if I can keep up 2lbs/week, that should do it, so I should be closer to 4lbs down by now, oh well). 

I am definitely continuing to see my body change for the better.  Everything is looking slimmer and more toned.  I can better define where the fat ends and muscle begins.  It's pretty exciting.

Adam and Erin always tell me how great I look (since they see me the most), but just the other day told me that it's more than how I look physically, but that my aura (my word) is just all around better.  They said it's more than just confidence (I've always had plenty of that I suppose).  It was a pretty great compliment.  I posted a picture of myself on Facebook last night that a co-worker took last week, and I think it captures exactly what they were talking about.

Last night I was able to complete day 2/week 2 of my C25K.  It felt really good.  I had a pretty tough day at work yesterday, and it really helped to release all of my stress and anxiety.  I have one more run to finish out the week, which I was hoping to do this afternoon, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow.  I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling well, and didn't end up getting much sleep, plus my whole body seems to be shutting down.  At first I thought I might just force myself to go, but I think it's better for me health wise to take it easy today, and resume running tomorrow when I've gotten plenty of sleep.  It will probably be a mostly sedentary weekend except for whatever work outs I can get in, so that I make sure I'm fully recovered and ready for next week.

Tonight's plan (other than nap for awhile after work) is hanging out with Maiya and watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics.  I'm pretty darn excited.

This week's stats:
Weight lost: 2 lbs
Total weight lost: 62 lbs
To go: 23/38
Work outs: 2 in the gym, kayaking, and some at home circuit training

No comments:

Post a Comment