Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Update

If only I were as witty as Tina Fey or Amy Poehler...

In any event, this past weekend, as I've been referring to for weeks now, Sakief was in town.  It was (I've already mentioned this as well) our last visit before he moves here in 33 days (who's counting though?). 

I managed to make it through the weekend relatively unscathed, thanks to support from both Sakief and Adam.  We may have gorged ourselves, but I managed to keep it low/no carb!  Yay me!  I did have a little bit of rice on Thursday when Sakief and I went out for Thai (best Thai food I've ever had, we will go back), and then had some ice cream at Salt Lick (though I avoided the amazing bread and potato salad). 

I definitely consumed more fat and sodium than I'm used to, so no scale cheating this morning, but I fully expect to see excellent results on Friday when I weigh in again. 

I'm likely to be low on exercise this week.  I'm drained from getting up so early to take him to the airport, and then on Weds I'm supposed to pick Erin and Maiya up from the airport after work (my family likes to travel...).  Tuesday and Thursday are my days to work out before my weigh in on Friday then, and I'm hoping to make them really count.

This weekend was really lovely.  It's always nice to get to spend laid back quality time with Sakief.  We celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Thursday when he got to town.  It's hard to believe that it has already been 2 years.  I'm really the luckiest.  Not only that, but he surprised me with an iPad!  I've been playing with it all weekend, haha. 

Unfortunately Sakief is currently dealing with a lost bag situation... they put his checked luggage tag on the wrong bag (and I'm sure vice versa).  And because it is his carry on, he had no ID tag on it (and because they took it from him quickly at the gate).  Who knows where it  is... Hopefully when the other person realizes that their bag is missing, a swap can be made.

UPDATE: The bag was located... in Boston, haha.  At least they found it and it will be returned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment