Friday, November 16, 2012

Then And Now

The first time I began a weight loss journey I was 17 years old and about to begin my senior year of high school. I started at 211 lbs and dropped to 170. It amazes me that I allowed myself to get to the point where I've lost over 70 lbs and just now to my "first" starting weight.

But that is not the point of this post. The point is how different I think my body is at the same weight. Here are the things I can definitely tell are different:

1) I was a solid pant size 18 in high school, now I'm a solid 16.
2) I continued to *ahem* mature once I started college. I definitely have a more womanly figure.

My mom also thinks a lot of the difference has to do with my activity level. Let's be honest, once I stopped sports, I was pretty much sedentary. Now I exercise on a regular basis, and (hopefully) have more muscle.

Junior Banquet 2003 - Approx 210 lbs
Halloween 2012 - Approx 215 lbs





















Flipping through my scrapbooks to find an example of "heavy" high school me, I also came across really skinny high school me (post weight loss). It's nice to be reminded of what I'm working towards, and what I have the potential to be. I'm ready for that, but willing to be patient over the next few months so that I do it right, and I don't start all over again a few years from now. This is a life change. Forever.






Stats this week:
Weight: 212 lbs
Weight lost: 72.5 lbs
To go: 27.5 lbs
Work outs: 1 (I know, I know, I should have at least been at 2. No excuses, I was lazy.)

Senior Portrait, Spring 2004 Approx 170 lbs - Inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment