Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends, and potential other random people who stumble upon my blog.

I was really hoping to be in the next decade before heading to Maryland today to gorge myself on my grandmother's and aunt's wonderful cooking, but alas, I'm a day early and a half pound short. However, 2 lbs of weight loss is nothing to scoff at, so I'm going into this holiday a happy girl. That, and I'm just plain excited to be with the Casner fam in Maryland.

It may be a short trip since I head home at the crack of dawn on Sunday, but it's totally worth it. I get som quality family time, quality fiend time, Corrie wedding planning time, and if she and I are lucky, Breaking Dawn 2 time.

Tomorrow we plan to make a pilgrimage to Arlington National Cemetery to visit Bumps. It will be the first time that I've visited his grave, and will definitely be a bittersweet moment. I'm just glad that I'll have Corrie with me, although I think we'll both be a mess.

Afterward I'm planning to meet up with my luvah and Becca, and finally get to meet Ben's fiancé Ashley. I very rarely get to see Ben and Becca anymore, so it should be a good time. It's amazing to think that we've been friends for 11 years now. It seems rare to find people who stick around for that long.

Saturday is reserved for bridesmaid dress shopping! It's such a blessing to be able to go with Corrie, three of her other bridesmaids, my aunt and my grandmother. A few years ago I wasn't as cognizant of how important it is to share these moments with the important women in your life, and I hope when my time comes, that I'll remember how I feel now.

I really have so much to be thankful for, both on this trip, and everyday. I say it a lot, but I'll say it again, I'm thankful for all of my readers. You guys help motivate me, and give me the strength to keep going on this journey. Thank you for the continued support. And remember, if you must be gluttonous today, fill up on turkey, it's good for you!

Stats:
Weight: 210 lbs
Weight lost: 74.5 lbs
To go: 25.5 lbs
Work outs: 1 (someone help me get my work out motivation back, ahhhhhh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment