Thursday, November 8, 2012

Inching Closer

After my last post Sakief reminded me that I didn't give my stats for the week.  I was up to 217.5 (though I'd seen higher that week, ugh), which meant a net gain of 3.5 lbs while I was on my little vacation from healthy living.

As promised, I began my "no carb" life again on Monday, and I am already down to my lowest weight yet (since starting this journey) at 213 lbs! 

It's definitely a diet that is hard to stick to. Last night I brought Chipotle over to Adam and Erin's.  I had a salad, which was delicious, but Maiya had a taco (that she was refusing to eat, shocker). I kept staring at the taco thinking "mmmm, tortilla". 

Granted, if I can make it through two weeks (and I WILL), then I will hopefully lose my carb cravings.  That's what the "experts" say (aka, the internet).  I'm very committed to keeping this up for the next 6 weeks or so, and I'm ever hopeful that it will make the difference I think it will.

On a related note... when did bathing suits become so damn expensive?  I was browsing the internet looking for tops to go with my lonely black bottoms, and just the TOP cost $60 and up.  Ugh.  I think I'll go back to Target, for real.

I also managed to get in three work outs this week, so that part is falling back in line as well.  I'm wondering if I just needed a bit of a mental break (and physical) from all of this in order to come back stronger than ever. 

Tonight my lovely boyfriend comes to town to spend a long weekend here, and I can't wait!  This is our last visit before he moves here in about 5 weeks.  While 5 weeks apart is not something I'm looking forward to, I'm glad that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Pretty sure that those 5 weeks are going to fly by anyway, especially considering that I have a trip to MD planned for Thanksgiving in just a few weeks which makes me go "wweeeeeeeeeeeeeee". 

Stats this week:
Weight: 213 lbs
Weight lost: 71.5 lbs
To go: 28.5 lbs
Work outs: 3 (yes!!!)

1 comment: