Tuesday, September 4, 2012

One Mile

I ran a mile, I ran a mile, I ran a mile, hey hey hey hey!

I got on the treadmill today, and said to myself "today is the day" and BOOM!  One mile down.  I walked for a few minutes after the mile and then was able to jog for another five minutes.  It felt good.  Sort of.  Right now I feel incredible.  When I completed the mile I thought I might be having a heart attack, and I wish I was joking.  Thankfully I recovered fairly quickly so I was able to continue jogging.

It gives me hope that this C25k program really is working, and by the time I run the Color Me Rad 5k in December, I'll actually run it.  And it won't kill me.  That would be nice.

Also, the more I run, the more I have so much respect for those who run (and who like it).  I'd like to say that one day I'll keep up with Sakief on his frequent 6 milers, or could run a marathon like Ashleigh, but I don't think so.  Let's just stick with the 5k (maybe a 10k someday), and continue to admire those who kick my ass in running.

I spent the long weekend in Pensacola with Sakief, and it was wonderful!  He's healing really well, in fact, he was cleared to resume a normal diet today.  We did all of the typical things that we do, beach, eat, sleep, but this weekend was exceptionally nice.  I think we really got to make the most of our time together.  Hopefully it will hold me over the next four weeks until he's back in Austin for his birthday.

I did fairly well sticking to healthy foods this weekend, though not great.  Definitely better than when I was there a few weeks ago for his surgery.  Oy.  He did a lot of cooking for me, which I love for several reasons 1) he cooks 2) it's delicious 3) he tailors it to my low carb lifestyle (except the rice, but I do well at eating small portions of rice).

And in other very important news, I requested my absentee ballot from Florida today since I moved to Texas too late to be registered for the general election.  I don't care who you vote for, but get out and vote people!

1 comment: