Friday, September 14, 2012

Back Pain

As you all know, I was very excited about the results from the 3-day diet earlier this week.  Unfortunately I did put a pound back on, but I am still down a total of 3 lbs since last Friday, so I'll take that as a win.  I have decided to try it at least one more time, because one of my coworkers wants to try it and I said I'd do it with her for support.  So Mon, Tues, Weds next week I'm back to it.  If it means another 3 net lbs down by next Friday, I think it may be worth it.  Even if it shows me more permanent results, I'm not sure that I want to do it all that often, I don't want to become dependent on it to continue to lose weight.  I think the only thing about putting weight back on is that I ate well and exercised the rest of the week, so I thought I'd at least maintain.  I must have lost a ton of water weight, which caused the upward movement of the scale by the end of the week, but still makes me scratch my head and think, am I not working hard enough?

On that topic though, I'm afraid I may need to take a break from working out, but we'll see what happens.  I think I mentioned awhile ago that I was having back pain after sleeping in the chair at the hospital, and had assumed that I just tweaked a muscle because of a funny sleeping position.  Now I'm not so sure.  The pain had mostly gone away until earlier this week, and now it's gotten to the point where it's hard to get out of bed in the morning because I'm in so much pain.  I have an "establish care" visit scheduled with a doc in two weeks, but I don't want to wait that long, so I think either this afternoon or tomorrow I'll visit an emergency care clinic to see what they have to say. 

I'm really hoping it's just a sore muscle and not an injured one so that I can keep working out.  Because of the pain I was experiencing earlier in the week I avoided lifting, and that doesn't seem to make a difference, it's just exercise in general.  This week I spent a lot of time on the elliptical, which I figured was the safest, lowest impact, exercise I could do, and yet, more pain.  It's even hard to use my left arm, which is especially bad (but thank goodness I'm right handed).

Stats this week:
Current weight: 216.5
Total weight lost: 68
To go: 32/17
Work outs: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment