Sunday, April 29, 2012

Better Late Than Never

I know I usually post my weigh in updates on Friday, but Friday was an incredibly hectic morning, so I didn't exactly have time.  I am down another half pound this week!  That makes a grand total of 42 pounds!  Due to the move there is not likely going to be a weigh in this coming Friday since my scale will be packed... Austin here I come!

Read the following with caution, it's a little graphic.

So, why was Friday so hectic?  I have known for about a week that someone in my house has a UTI, as evidenced by the copious amounts of urine I was cleaning.  My initial suspect was Nora, but then the focus switched to Diddy as he has had recurrent UTIs.  As of Thursday morning, I was POSITIVE that Diddy was culprit, and had even made appointments for him to get checked out.  By Thursday evening I was POSITIVE that Nora was actually the sick one, as Sakief and I finally caught her red handed peeing on the floor.

No big deal right?  It's a UTI, I can clean the spots, and the vet should be able to see her soon to get it cleared up before the move.  Wrong.  Friday morning Nora started peeing blood.  Bright red, looked like she menstruating, blood.  I flipped.  Thankfully my vet opens at 7:30am, and I don't have to be at work until 8am, so I hastily got ready, through her in the car, and was knocking on their locked door at 7:25am begging them to see her. 

Turns out Nora has bladder stones.  Lots of them.  The X-ray was pretty impressive.  I'm almost surprised she has room in her bladder for any urine, seriously.  The solution?  Surgery.  Major surgery.  The Tuesday before I move.  Awesome.  Not to mention how much it's going to cost, but that's another issue all together.  I'm much more concerned about Nora's health and making sure that she's comfortable to travel all the way to Texas 4 days post surgery.  The vet assures me that she'll be fine if I keep her in a carrier, but she is so high strung to begin with, and has never had to be in carrier when we travel.  It will be interesting, that's for sure.


Happy thoughts for the rest of this week.  My stress level has risen to levels I didn't think existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment