Friday, February 1, 2013

We moved!

Missing last week's weight check wasn't intentional, I was just too dang excited about moving that I didn't post. BUT the good news is that I made it back into the teens last week! This week is just the opposite though... I remembered to blog, but didn't step on the scale. Adjusting to the new apartment and just getting all around settled in has thrown me off of my habits.

In terms of working out, I haven't ventured into the gym at the new place yet, but other than the work out that moving gave me all weekend, I did join Erin and Laura at the gym on Tuesday, and lifted weights at home Wednesday morning. I expect that it will take a little more time for me to find my new normal, but I'm excited about my work out plans.

As far as the apartment goes, we love it! There is still a lot of work to do which has been a little overwhelming to me, but I know it will get done. Lots more was completed last night since Sakief's stuff was delivered yesterday morning. We now have all of the furniture for the guest room/Sakief's office, and are only waiting on our couch, Sakief's dresser, and the tv stand for our bedroom. Unfortunately, except for the couch, everything else is "some assembly required". I've found that it's not so easy to assemble these things. The tv stand for the living room took three people and several hours, and our nightstands took several hours and my sacrificed right hand.

I discovered a new chicken marinade last night that I really enjoyed (Sakief said he did too). It's very simple, so here you go:

Half cup fresh cilantro
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 minced garlic cloves

Blend ingredients in food processor (I used a bullet since it's such a small recipe). Rub on 4 chicken breasts and let sit for at least 15 mins. Cook chicken as desired (grilled, broiled, baked, etc).

I actually used chicken thighs since that's what we had, but this original recipe called for breasts. I don't think it matters at all.

Stats this week:
Current weight: 219 lbs
Weight lost in 2013: 5.5 lbs
Total weight lost: 65.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment