Sunday, August 4, 2013

30 day challenges complete!

It was definitely a struggle, but I am pleased to say that I successfully completed both the squats and abs 30 day challenges. By the end I did 250 squats, 125 sit-ups, 200 crunches, 65 leg raises, 120 seconds plank (in one day). Sakief is the only reason I was able to finish. Every time I wanted to give up, he was there to get me back in it. He didn't just hold my feet while I did sit ups, but encouraged me the whole way. 

While you can't see a lot of changes, I can really feel it. Under my padding there are definite abs. Not a six pack mind you, but if I can keep up ab exercises, I know I'll have a nice flat stomach when I lose the rest of this weight. My thighs seem to have slimmed a bit, but more than anything I actually noticed a reduction in cellulite. The main thing that I noticed is the reduction in what I call "my lump". When I fell in February, I caught the back of my left thigh on the corner of the chair. I had a small cut, but seemed to do more soft tissue damage than anything else. It's still tender to this day. Anyway, a lump formed, and won't go away, but the squats have definitely helped.

My plan is to continue with 100 squats, 50 sit-ups, 50 crunches, 25 leg raises, and 30 seconds of plank 3-4 times a week. 

Losing weight is still a struggle, but it's coming off!

I managed to get the most ridiculous sunburn on my face yesterday, so I'm just taking it easy and applying aloe. I do plan to get my exercises in today though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment