Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shrimp fried spaghetti squash

That's right, I went there.

Recently I found a recipe for sesame spaghetti squash with edamame (which I have yet to try), but it got me thinking about other Asian inspired foods that I miss, and fried rice came to mind immediately. So why not try? The worst thing that could happen is that Sakief and I hate it and we never eat it again.

Turns out that subbing out the rice for spaghetti squash is actually quite good. We will absolutely eat it again.

Ingredients:
1lb shrimp (I used uncooked, but you can use precooked)
1 medium spaghetti squash
2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen)
2 large eggs
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp soy sauce
Garlic

Wok and baking sheet

Preheat oven to 375. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Place upside down on baking sheet and bake for 45 mins or until squash is easy to scoop out (typically you can poke the skin with a fork and it will pierce with little pressure).

If you're using uncooked shrimp, cook in wok with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Set aside (including any left over juice). In a hot wok, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and the soy sauce. Add veggies and cook until defrosted. Scoop out squash into wok. Stir. Add garlic and eggs. Stir constantly until eggs are cooked. Toss in shrimp. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment