Sunday, August 25, 2013

Breakfast cups

I'm down another 3lbs! And we are now less than a month from Corrie's wedding, and just days from her shower and bachelorette! Ah! I am so beyond excited!

I have found recently that as much as I love my breakfast quiche, if I don't switch up my breakfast routine, it just gets old.

I got my inspiration for these from Pinterest, of course, but as with the Hawaiian burgers I made awhile ago, I had to use pictures without directions, so it required a little creativity.

Ingredients:
12 slices of your favorite lunch meat 
Shredded cheese of your choosing
4-5 eggs

Foil cupcake liners
Cupcake pan

Preheat oven to 375. Place liners in cupcake pan. Put one slice of meat in each liner. Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese into the slice of meat. Beat eggs (I used a two cup pourable measuring cup so it was easy to pour the egg into the cups). Pour a tiny bit into each slice of meat. Top off until all of the egg is used. Bake for 15 minutes.

I have now used both jalapeƱo turkey and honey ham for the cups. I recommend that the meat not be sliced too thick or it's hard to get the cheese and egg into the cup. I eat three cups for breakfast, along with avocado slices, and it's plenty. The also keep well, so it's a nice make ahead meal, which I love during the work week.

I listened to Sakief and remembered to take pictures of some of the food that he made in the past week. Since he cooked it, I'll need him to sit down with me to write out the recipe, but I'm looking forward to sharing his tasty food!

No comments:

Post a Comment