Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pumpkin Black Bean Soup

I can't take any credit for this recipe, I didn't find it nor did I cook it, that was all Sakief. However, I did eat it and it is delicious! I've had it for leftovers several times and still like it, which to me is the true test of a recipe.

2 cans pumpkin purée
2 cans black beans
1 can corn (not creamed)
1 can diced tomatoes
2-2.5 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
Cilantro
Thyme
Cumin
Chili powder
Sour cream

Drain black beans, corn and tomatoes. Combine broth, pumpkin and drained vegetables in large soup pot on medium heat. Stir until pumpkin is evenly distributed. Add spices to taste. Allow to simmer several minutes. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream.

What I love best about this recipe is that it's great as a whole meal (very filling) or can be eaten as a side dish. I also love that it's easy to make vegetarian or vegan just by making a few easy substitutions.

1 comment:

  1. How much of each of the spices did you use?
    Cilantro
    Thyme
    Cumin
    Chili powder

    This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete