Thursday, October 3, 2013

Italian Chicken

So the picture that goes with this post has been sitting in my drafts since the beginning of October... Whoops! Just goes to show that I really do need to blog more often.  Also, I need to not ignore the super awesome recipes that I've tried! Sakief and I have eaten this a few times. It's simple, cheap, but very flavorful.

Italian chicken:

4 4 oz chicken breasts
1 can artichoke hearts (I use quarters)
Tomatoes
Olive oil
Shredded mozzarella
Fresh basil
Salt
Pepper

Generously salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Place in greased glass dish. Drain artichoke hearts. Cut up tomatoes of your choice (pictured is cherry, but I've also used Roma, whatever I have on hand). Mix tomatoes, artichoke and about 1tbsp of olive oil together. Spread this mixture around the chicken breasts. Cover each breast with approximately a quarter cup of mozzarella. Bake at 375 for approx 30 mins. Sprinkle basil over the top and continue baking 15-20 mins until chicken is fully cooked. 

If you have enough veggies in the pan, this doesn't really need a side dish. Otherwise it goes well with just about anything. The original post suggested serving with pasta. I always suggest more green veggies!

My inspiration came came from here:http://aaronandjillw.blogspot.com/2011/08/italian-chicken.html




No comments:

Post a Comment